How to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive without using any Software – Techerrorz create bootable usb flashdrive
Bootable USB Flash Drive acts as a replacement of previously used CD-ROM which can be used to install various operating systems on a computer system at the time the computer has loaded its BIOS settings.
Bootable USB Flash Drive can be used as LIVE USB in which you can try that software on any system without installing the software. It is created by writing the bootable file of desired software to USB using some tools like LiLi, pendrivelinux, UltraISO and Others. create bootable usb flashdrive.
Before Creating USB Flash Drive, at first create Recovery Drive.
Creating a Recovery Flash Drive is the First Good and Best idea because your PC can face some issues such as like Hardware Failure but if you have recovered the drive then you will be able to reinstall your Windows.You cannot recover your Personal files and Apps and you need USB drive that’s at least 16 gigabytes.
Note: Use Empty USB Drive because this process will erase all your data which is already stored in it.
Follow these steps for creating Recovery Drive,
- At first, Search for Recovery Drive using Search box or Cortana and the select it and then you will be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
- After opening tools, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then click Next.
- After that, insert USB Drive in your PC, Select it, and then Click Next.
- And then, Click on Select. Many files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this will take a while.
- You are all set.
Lets move to our main point, to create bootable usb flashdrive
- Insert your USB Flash Drive in your running computer and after that Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- To Run Command Prompt as an administrator, you need to Right Click on CMD and there you can find Run as Administrator option.
- The First word you need to type is ‘diskpart‘ and hit Enter and wait for awhile until the DISKPART program run.
- After that, type ‘list disk‘ and hit enter. This command will display your all the disks in your computer.
- And then type ‘Select disk 1‘ to determine that disk 1 would be processed in the next step then hit Enter.
- After that, type ‘Clean‘ and hit enter to delete all your data from the flash drive.
- And then you need to create a New primary partition on the USB Flash Drive, to create you need to type ‘create partition primary‘ and then hit enter.
- To select partition that you just created, you need to type ‘select partition 1‘ and then hit enter.
- Type ‘Active‘ and hit enter to activate your current partition.
- Type ‘format fs=ntfs quick’ and hit Enter for Formatting current partition as NTFS file system quickly.
- Type ‘exit‘ and hit enter but don’t leave your Command Prompt.
- After all, Extract the Windows File to the USB.
How to Copy installation Files?
- At first, Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- After that, type ‘xcopy f: \ *. * d: \ / E / H / F‘ and then hit enter.
- Wait until all the files in the DVD installer copied to the flash drive.
- Then you are all set for installing Windows from Flash drive.